måndag, juni 05, 2006

Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy

So this is life. My life. Welcome to it.

I'm taking a short break from a busy day at work to write my first entry in this blog. I don't really think of myself as a blogger, but I'm about to go on vacation soon, and I thought maybe I could write a few lines from the beach.

Before I go on vacation, though, I have to live through tomorrow. My very first cricket match. I just started playing cricket this past November and I've only had two outdoor training sessions, so I'm a little bit nervous. Especially considering that my first outdoor practice involved me, a ball, tears, blood and a split webbing. And the boys, of course. Since cricket is not a very common sport in Sweden, I play with the men's team. They take very good care of me. :-)

This whole vacation thing is a little bit weird, since I just came back from a three-week vacation this past Tuesday. I travelled around the US (DC, Dallas, LA, Vegas and Seattle) to see a whole heap of friends. It's been about 18 months since I last visited, and three of my friends had (new) babies since then. All kids turned out to be "Auntie Nora"-approved although one of them simply refused to call me "Auntie Nora" but referred to me only as "Friend".

Imagine your first morning at your friend's house, you're just getting dressed when someone (a 2,5 year-old) bangs on your bedroom door and calls out: "Friend?"
You reply: "Just a sec, hon, I'm getting dressed."
Bang, bang, bang. (A little bit more desperation in her voice:) "Friend?!"
You reply: "Just a sec, hon, I'm getting dressed."
Bang, bang, bang. (Even more desperation in her voice:) "Friend?!"

Very cute. But I can't say my clothes were anywhere near color-coordinated during my stay in Seattle.

Okay, break over, time to go back to work.
All the best,
Friend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Bang,bang,bang seriously friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3:38 fm

 

Skicka en kommentar

<< Home